Two years ago, we hittin’ the rapids of the Potomac River. We’re doing it again. It’s a fun way to spend a hot summer day.
This is a combination trip:
- Camping at Harper’s Ferry KOA Campground, in WV (Friday and Saturday nights) – $45 (pay here)
- Whitewater tubing down the Shenandoah River (Saturday afternoon) – $35*
*Tubing may be paid to the Adventure Center directly online or at point of sale.
- Arrive at Harper’s Ferry KOA Campground.
- Set up tent (bring your own tent or share with someone who is bringing a tent)
- FAMILY DINNER (you don’t want to miss this!!!)
- Chill, hangout around campground (campground games and activities)
- Walmart run,,,for those of you who forgot stuff (optional)
- Rise-and-shine; eat breakfast (KOA has free all you can eat pancakes for breakfast).
- Depart campground for Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (5 mins.)
- Complete the waiver form
- Pay for tubing trip
- Wait in line with group to board a bus to take us to river drop-in location
- Get off bus, get tubes, tie tubes together, and get in river (trip last approx. 2 hrs.)
- Get out river and board bus back to Adventure Center
- Return to campsite to use the facilities and change clothes
- Go to lunch at Mountainview Diner in Harpers Ferry, WV. (food is the bomb…hopefully we can get a private room again).
- Return to campsite in late afternoon
- Participate in campground activities: swimming, bounce balloon, tennis, movie theatre, games, indoor basketball, etc.
- Group Activity for Goal-Oriented People (TBD)
- Chill, hangout around campground
- Rise-and-shine; eat breakfast
- Pack up tent and belongings
- Depart campground
What If I’m Interested in Going?
If you’re interested in going, I’ve created a GroupMe to share more details. Send your name and cell phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be added to the GroupMe.
(Visited 185 times, 5 visits today)